1. Voluntary and Open Membership
2. Democratic Member Control
3. Member Economic Participation
4. Autonomy and Independence
6. Cooperation among Cooperatives
7. Concern for Community
This is fundamentally the same thing I am trying to accomplish with the Community of Solitude:
1. If you believe in what we believe then join us!
2. We have no “one head” but rather a council which is duly elected and who rotates.
3. In our case it means tithe to your church.
4. Yes – that is what Solitary is all about.
5. We have a strong and organized formation program to keep everyone challenged at all levels
6. I guess we call that ‘charity’ or ‘love’
7. And finally – through our silence we go deep into our ‘cells’ – that is our ZIP code, and engage all we meet in a prayerful way.
I like this.